Ride Around the Lake is a fun community cycle event designed for novices, families and all levels of recreational riders. It is NOT a race…
Only bikes that are road worthy and suitable for riding on roads and cycle paths are allowed. BMX and Fixed wheel are only permissible in the 10km ride. NO motorized bicycles are allowed. Tandem bikes are permissible in any event and child trailers are permissible only in the 10km.
Please contact us if you wish to discuss you cycle type and suitability.
Parents are able and encouraged to take their younger children and enter the 10k family ride. The venue is safe and all contained the cycle path following the lake foreshore. For safety ensure appropriate set up of your child carrier, safety checks and accordance with manufacturers use. Children are to wear an approval safety helmet. Parents with child carriers advised to be cautious with other riders on the cycle path.
ALL cyclists are required to:
– Standard RMS Road Cycling Rules Applies
– Wear appropriate approved cycling helmet
– Ensure a road worthy cycle
– It is further advised to wear bright coloured (or safety vest) top, flashing lights, and carry own puncture repair kit, pump and water bottle
– Abide by all road rules as keeping left, signalling, stopping at intersections, avoiding reckless or dangerous riding, or abuse of course marshals, public and other riders
– Not race or overtake in any way that is deemed dangerous
– Keep left on designated cycle path and road unless overtaking
– Signal for turning, stopping or warn of debris or danger
– Be courteous and enjoy a fun spirited all ages cycle
Fantastic resources for safe cycling, choosing and looking after your bike..